12.24.2013

Merry Christmas, from some lumber jacks and a yeti!

Ho, Ho, Ho!
Merry Christmas and tis the season to all!

Can you believe Christmas Eve is here? I barely can! I have to admit, having let the Christmas blues hit me once or twice in the last few weeks (stress about gifts/money, forgetting the reason for the season), I am feeling very repentant and humbled. Christmas is about being close to those you love most (call me Seuss!), serving, loving, and remembering one little Christ Child who was brought into the world to save us all.
From the little couch where I sit typing this I can see the whole stretch of our cluttered little cottage. I should wrap this up and finish wrapping and perhaps vacuum up the loose pine needles around the tree, but instead I think I will share the first official, Smith family Christmas card!


I have to give full, undivided credit to Mr. Preston Smith for the theme. He dreamt it up clear back at the end of October and made sure we had everything necessary to pull it off (say hello to the new family axe and hatchet). 


I recommend taking the time for Christmas cards to everyone! I mean, who doesn't love receiving mail, especially mail scattered with cute pictures and kind holiday greetings?!
A small bit of advice I feel justified to offer is: Don't let pictures stress you out, whether they be Christmas card photos, or family photos. Enjoy your self and truly be happy, don't try to fake it! People love receiving photos of the ones they love. 
I know we do!

I love knowing that this is just the beginning and we will be seeing many more of these sweet things in the years to come! 

Merry Christmas all! May you find true happiness in celebrating this wonderful time of year. 
Love, the Smiths
……...
+ this yeti we spotted up at Brighton last night o:



No comments:

Post a Comment